ISUZU N-Series Medium Duty Tucks
for Sales at Palm Truck Centers
N-Series Emissions Compliance
Isuzu’s 2011 N-Series trucks are the first medium-duty low-cab-forward trucks to meet the most stringent emissions standards in the world. They are:
- Environmental Protection Agency 2010 compliant
- California Air Resources Board (CARB) HD-OBD compliant
- Clean-idle certified
Isuzu’s heritage of clean diesel technology enables us to be the first to offer Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology with Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) injection.
State-of-the-art SCR technology
Here’s how it works.
- The engine’s stainless-steel exhaust system routes to a diesel particulate filter (DPF) and SCR system unit
- Diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) is injected into the exhaust stream between the filter and the SCR catalyst
- The heat of the exhaust turns the fluid into ammonia gas, water vapor and carbon dioxide
- Inside the catalyst, ammonia gas transforms the exhaust’s oxides of nitrogen (NOx) into harmless nitrogen gas
Together with an enhanced exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system and variable-geometry turbocharger, SCR technology allows all 2011 Isuzu N-Series trucks to meet the demanding emissions
This revised exhaust system also monitors the DPF’s particulate status and the level of DEF required for the SCR system to operate, and reports the results to the driver through the
Under normal highway operating conditions, the DPF will regenerate itself automatically to remove particulate matter from the exhaust. But under slow-speed, stop-and-go or long-idle
conditions, the system may require—and will allow—the driver to manually initiate a DPF regeneration cycle manually.
The convenient DEF tank
It stores 7.4 gallons of diesel exhaust fluid, and is even equipped with a heating element to ensure reliable operation in cold-climate conditions.
DEF consumption is only 1% of fuel used, so the DEF tank should be refilled every 20-25 times the fuel tank is refilled.
Isuzu Home | Features | Emissions Compliance |
Specifications | Cab Colors | Vocations | Photo Gallery | Warranty